During her annual spring address on Feb. 6, Towson University President Maravene Loeschke shared with the campus community her strategic plan for Towson in the coming years.
“When I arrived there was a strategic plan for 2016, which had five themes and 46 action items under it,” the president explained to an audience of students, faculty and staff members.
“What the President’s Council has been doing over the last couple of months is taking the 46 action items and channeling them into 10 university priorities, which cover the five themes, include almost all of the 46 items and are aligned with where we are fairly certain there are going to be resources.”
The priorities of TU 2020 are as follows:
- academic excellence and student success
- innovation in teacher and leader preparation
- stem work-force development
- innovation, entrepreneurship and applied research
- internships and experiential learning opportunities
- a model for leadership development
- a national and international reputation for arts and arts education
- a model for campus diversity
- student, faculty, staff and community well-being
- excellence in athletics
Watch the president’s 2013 spring address: