TowsonGlobal, the Towson University’s business incubator, today announced the five finalists of its third annual Business Plan Competition.
This unique program is designed to encourage growth and innovation of area startup companies by providing them with integral mentorship, feedback, networking opportunities and, if they win, a complimentary resident membership with the incubator.
Chosen from a pool of more than 25, the five finalists include:
- Autonomy Engine – provides a voice monitoring and training delivery platform called Hone Your Tone™, which equips people to adopt a more effective tone of voice and achieve success
- DynaSystem – developed the patent-pending DynaSpike™ tire deflation device that allows police officers to safely end high-speed pursuits using a hand-held wireless device
- Innovative Bios – research-based biotech company developing a process to create a low-cost, renewable cell culture broth for the emerging renewable fuels and bio-products industry
- PathoS – delivers low-cost solutions that streamline the processes used in diagnostic pathology, such as reducing reoperations in Breast Conserving Surgery by enabling clinicians to determine the success of the procedure before discharging the patient
- TeloVision – point-of-care diagnostic tools for cancer researchers and clinicians that will provide earlier, quicker cancer diagnosis, monitoring of cancer progressions, and assessment of therapeutic efficacy, resulting in better patient outcome
“Each year we are amazed by the innovative submissions to the competition and are confident that these entrepreneurs are going to create great things for our economy,” says Clay Hickson, executive director of the incubator. “TowsonGlobal is excited to be a part of these ventures’ road to success and looks forward to assisting their further development.”
The five finalists will present both to a panel of distinguished judges and at a public forum in May, at which point the winner of the competition will be announced.