TU Home > News > Marketing chair honored by Board of Regents

Marketing chair honored by Board of Regents

Judy Harris

Judy Harris will be honored at an April Board of Regents meeting.

Towson University Marketing Department Chair Judy Harris has earned the Regents’ Faculty Award for Teaching from the University System of Maryland.

The award is one of 18 annual honors in six categories, also including collaboration, mentoring and innovation. Each of the system’s 12 institutions nominates a faculty member for each category.

Harris said she was pleasantly surprised to learn Monday that she had received the honor. After the university put forward her nomination, she completed a 20-page application.

“I think most likely what differentiated my application from others would have been a focus on the aspects of good teaching that happens before and after the classroom experience, which would include curriculum design and also an assessment of student learning,” said Harris. “In the past few years within the College of Business and Economics, I’ve been focused heavily on those areas.”

Harris, who has taught at Towson since 2006, also serves as director of curriculum and assessment for the college. She will be recognized at a ceremony during an April Board of Regents meeting at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.

Harris said she was grateful to her college and to CBE Dean Shohreh Kaynama for nominating her, as well as to her colleagues.

“If I’m being recognized… it’s because of other people who have helped me do that,” she said.

, ,