TU Home > News > Alumni in Annapolis: Sen. Karen Montgomery (District 14 - Montgomery County)

Alumni in Annapolis: Sen. Karen Montgomery (District 14 – Montgomery County)

MD Sen. Karen Montgomery '57

MD Sen. Karen Montgomery ’57

Q: How did your TU education help you get where you are now?
A:
Being a student at Towson shaped my views on higher education, and education in general. Both the achievements of TU and the progress our state still needs to make on affordability have helped drive my career as a student, teacher, and now public official.

Q:  What is one thing you wish you had done differently as a college student?
A:
Getting a master’s degree in one of the sciences. I have lived with and learned from brilliant, accomplished doctors and scientists throughout my life. I work very hard to understand all of the issues we work on; however, studying for a graduate degree would have given me an even stronger academic background for many of the issues before the General Assembly.

Q: What college experience most influenced you?
A:
Learning to interact with future colleagues. Collaborating with classmates on assignments teaches invaluable skills that are essential to success in nearly any career field.

Alumni in Annapolis is a series of brief interviews with Towson University alumni who now represent parts of the state in the Maryland legislature. These interviews are part of the Towson Advocacy Program, which engages and educates friends, supporters and alumni of the university about Towson’s legislative interests during the General Assembly.

, ,