TU Home > News > More than 100 turn out for Tiger Pride Day in Annapolis

More than 100 turn out for Tiger Pride Day in Annapolis

More than 100 Towson students and others represented TU in Annapolis Tuesday

It was virtually impossible to be in the state capital on Tuesday and not see groups of energetic, enthusiastic students spreading the Towson University story. More than 100 traveled to Annapolis for the 16th annual Tiger Pride Day.

After an hourlong bus ride to Annapolis, students watched from the Senate and House galleries while Student Government Association representatives received resolutions from legislators from the Senate and House. Then they ate and networked with legislators and their staffers at a luncheon.

“Your being here in our state capital, talking with senators and delegates about Towson University, is incredibly important,” Interim President Timothy J. L. Chandler told the students at the luncheon. “Towson students matter, and Towson graduates matter to Maryland.”

After the luncheon, the students individually and in groups met with legislators to communicate the students’ priorities and achievements.

Interim President Timothy J. L. Chandler (center) with students

“I had such an amazing time,” said TU Student Government Association Senator Liesl Wegand ’18. “This was obviously my first time at Tiger Pride Day, so I didn’t know quite what to expect. It was so incredibly rewarding to meet with state legislators and feel like we were part of the process, that we are really making a positive difference for our university.”

“I wasn’t 100 percent sure that I wanted to come today, but I’m so glad I did,” said Melissa Reilly ’15 before boarding the bus back to campus. “As a political science major, seeing how government operates and being able to speak with state legislators was an amazing experience for me. It took what I’ve learned in the classroom and gave it real life application. I’m very grateful for the opportunity to have been here today.”

Related links:
Tiger Pride Day 2015 photo album

, , , , , ,