This weekend, everyone in the family can attend Towson University. Starting Friday, October 9, TU will host its annual Family Weekend featuring athletic events, arts performances, dinner programs, information sessions and access to some of facilities and resources on campus that are normally available only to students.
“Family Weekend is by far one of the most festive and memorable traditions at Towson University,” said Joyce Herold, Family Weekend advisor and coordinator of off-campus student services. “It is a time when students, alumni, family and friends come to campus and enjoy the very best of Towson University.”
Highlights of the weekend include:
- Towson football’s battle against No. 5-ranked CAA conference rival James Madison. It is the annual “Pink Game” in support of breast cancer awareness. Kickoff is at 3 p.m. on Saturday at Johnny Unitas Stadium®. To buy tickets, or for more information, visit the Towson Football Game Day Central website.
- The annual Maryland-style crab feast and bull roast known as “The Largest Crab Feast in Maryland.” The event runs from noon to 3 p.m. Or, if you want steamed crabs for your tailgate, takeout orders are being accepted. For more information, or to register for your seat, visit the Family Weekend registration page.
- A Celebration of Scholarship and Learning, hosted by the Honors College in West Village Commons from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday. Over 75 Honors students will present their scholarly projects in poster format for visitors to browse.
- The Jazz Faculty Ensemble on Friday at 8:15 p.m. in the Center for the Arts, featuring some of the talented faculty in the College of Fine Arts and Communication’s music department.
- Open hours at the Fitness Center from noon to 6 p.m. on Saturday. Families will also able to cool down in Burdick Pool for an open swim session.
- Are you feeling lucky? Join Fraternity and Sorority Life staff for an exciting evening of poker, blackjack, and more during Casino Night from 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday inside the Paws Cafe in the University Union.
Check out the Family Weekend website for the complete schedule and to register for events.