ENACTUS and the DIAR Student Launch Pad are hosting Towson University’s first “Tiger Cage” pitch event, inspired by the popular TV show “Shark Tank!” The winning team will receive premium advising, access to mentor network, and access to collaborative workspace from the TU Incubator and Student Launch Pad.
The Tiger Cage has two rounds: Round one takes place in Chesapeake 1 of the University Union on November 17 from 3-5 p.m., while the grand finale will be in Susquehanna Terrace in the Union the following day from 5-7 p.m. The first round is open only to participants, while all TU students are welcome to watch the finale.
Round one details:
- Participants will pitch their business ideas in front of the judges.
- The pitches should be no longer than two minutes.
- Only one person from a team can pitch in round one.
- Six to seven finalists will be selected to present with their teams in the grand finale.
- You may pitch more than one idea – please indicate if you plan to do more than one pitch when you register.
- When you register, you must briefly state the business idea. Ideas that would promote an illegal business or that are offensive may be disqualified.
- Register at: email firstname.lastname@example.org or http://goo.gl/forms/nC3j66wWeL
Grand finale details:
- Six to seven student finalists pitch their business ideas.
- Each finalist will be allotted five minutes to pitch and five minutes for judges’ Q&A. Honorable mentions will be announced during the event, highlighting some of the innovative student ideas in round 1 of the competition.
- DJ Matt G Holden will be on hand, spinning some of today’s greatest hits.
- Allure Troupe, Chalak & In Him We Move Dance Groups will be performing during the judges deliberation.